My Blog List

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dramatic Dreams (I have them)


So, dreams. Everyone has them (at least I think most people have them) and many people i.e. 'Scientists' and 'Dream Experts'* believe that the dream is a subconcious conduit into how we deal with situations and evaluate the days events into a way that our brain can deal with. I've done my fair share of analysing my dreams through the 100% accurate dream guide diaries so I thought I would give you all a kick and analyse my dream with you.

Some scientists believe we dream to fix experiences in long-term memory, that is, we dream about things worth remembering. Others reckon we dream about things worth forgetting - to eliminate overlapping memories that would otherwise clog up our brains.

Oh, before we start. I'm going to disclaimer my dream and say that I am not responsible for what my subconcious decides to do, or if anyone is involved (which none of you are). So, uh, I'm pretty sure that covers everything. Also: I am in no way a qualified dream analysist or psychologist or having any sort of medical/scientific degree. So, don't try this at home and then attempt to sue me.

Right, on we go!

Step 1: Try and re-call the dream as accurately as possible. If you need to, have some paper and a pen if you're really desperate to know. Thankfully, when it comes to more of my bizarro dreams I tend not to have problems remembering.

Fun Fact:
REM dreams are characterised by bizarre plots, but non-REM dreams are repetitive and thought-like, with little imagery - obsessively returning to a suspicion you left your mobile phone somewhere, for example.
Step 2: Outline the basic "plot" of your dreams. Pretty much the key elements that stand out in your dream that seemed the most important, since we're assuming that these are the issues that your brain is trying to process.

Plot of my dream: A life or death situation where I am running from people and for some reason, I have a talking uber car which was awesome and then somehow a polar bear cub that could astral project into a nine year old, blue eyed, blonde haired russian kid became involved. He also tried to use sing-star in the middle of the snow-covered ruins that we were living in. Then I woke up.

Step 3: Use a dream interpreter to interpret your dreams. For this situation I am using: http://www.dreammoods.com/

Fun Fact:
Some studies suggest women need up to an hour’s extra sleep a night compared to men, and not getting it may be one reason women are much more susceptible to depression than men.
So, let's start with the basic. The life or death situation. So, uh, I'm just going to chalk it up to being chased.

To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable.
Car: (Note, the liklihood of them having a meaning for talking cars is unlikely so I'm just going to throw this out there and say that I've been watching too much Knightrider.)

Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.
Polar Bear and Astral Projection:
To see a polar bear in your dream, signifies a reawakening. Alternatively, the polar bear symbolizes your frigid and cold emotions.
(Gee, thanks. Since it's a small polar bear, does that mean I have little frigidity and cold emotions?)
To dream of astral projection, suggests that you are looking at things from a whole new perspective. You may be feeling liberated and free. Alternatively, it indicates that you are physically or emotionally disconnected from those around you.
What does that say about the Polar Bear? O.o

Kid, Russian, Aryan:
To see children in your dream, signify an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state and longing for the past. You are trying to still satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes.

I'm just gonna put this out there and say that maybe I'm sad because I've never played sing-star. Tru Factz.
Well, it didn't have anything for Russian or Aryan so I'm just gonna say that I've been watching too much James Bond. Sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

Ruins, Snow:
To see ruins in your dream, suggest that you are neglecting aspects of your life or that it is falling apart. You feel you are self-destructing. It is time to get on the right path.

To see snow in your dream, signifies your inhibitions, unexpressed emotions and feelings of frigidity. You need to release and express these emotions and inhibitions. Alternatively, snow means that you are feeling indifferent, alone and neglected.
Step 4: Mix ingredients and serve. So, using the meanings of what I got, this is what my subconcious was trying to tell me.

Basically: I am a frigid, repressed, self-destructive and emotionally disconnected twenty-something woman who is afraid of commiting to a situation. LMAO. Thanks dream intrepreter, you got me in one. Who needs to pay money to see a counsellor when my dreams tell me everything?

Fun Fact:
Ducks at risk of attack by predators are able to balance the need for sleep and survival, keeping one half of the brain awake while the other slips into sleep mode.
* I am not either of those so I can't really judge on their accuracy. Each to their own.

As per usual, quoted stuff not my own, the facts come from here and dream guide here. Picture of adorable puppies from here.

Anyway, that was the fun foray into the wild and whacky world of my subconcious. Feel free to analyse your own dreams and see how close to the mark they are. Hopefully it's enlightened some of you :P

No comments:

Post a Comment